Saturday, December 21, 2013

In Search Of A Good Buzz

So, as a young hippie,
I was looking
to get high
like all us other hippies,
so I tried a bunch
of drugs
and a lot of booze,
but that was dangerous,
mostly illegal, and caused
painful aftereffects,
so I tried yoga,
but that had bad aftereffects, too,
so, even though I thought
I had good intentions
about studying Zen,
like that I wanted
to be a Buddha or something,
I went to Zen
to try to find
a good buzz,
but that didn't work
because Zen
isn't such a good buzz,
so when I turned forty,
I discovered Chi Kung
and practiced
because it was
such a good buzz,
and then began
to learn
many different
alternative healing exercises,
which all were
a good buzz,
so now
I spend my mornings
buzzing
and it makes me
quite happy,
sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment